How do I get started on Keto?
If you are planning to start following a Keto diet, take these steps into consideration:
- Know what foods you will eat and avoid on the Keto diet.
- To prepare for a high-fat diet, which can be uncomfortable at first, start making small adjustments to what you eat every day.
- Know that this is a moderate protein diet and not a high protein diet.
- Know what side effects to expect, for example the Keto flue, and muscle cramps.
- Make sure you are getting the sodium and potassium your body needs to function well.
- If you have any medical conditions, you have to speak to your doctor or dietitian before trying the Keto diet.
- Have an after plan, because Keto is not meant to be a long-term weight loss solution.