What are the dangers of Rapid Weight Loss?
Losing weight too fast comes with many health risks, such as:
- Muscle loss: While a very low-calorie diet may help you lose weight fast, a lot of the weight you lose may come from muscle and water.
- It may slow down the metabolism: A slower metabolism means you burn fewer calories per day.
- It may cause nutritional deficiencies: It is hard to consume enough important nutrients like iron, folate, and vitamin B12 on a very low-calorie diet.
- It may cause gallstones: Gallstones are substances that form inside the gallbladder. They can be a painful side effect of losing weight too fast.
- Other side effects: Dehydration, dizziness, fatigue, and hunger.