What are the types of Vegetarian Diets?
There are numerous variations on a vegetarian diet. So, here is a guide to the types:
- Lacto-Ovo -Vegetarians: Eat plant-based foods, dairy products, and eggs, and exclude meat, poultry, and fish.
- Lacto-Vegetarians: Eat plant-based foods and dairy products, and exclude meat, poultry, fish, and eggs.
- Ovo-Vegetarians: Eat plant-based foods and eggs, and exclude meat, poultry, fish, and dairy products.
- Pesco-Vegetarians: Eat a vegetarian diet but also include fish.
- Semi-Vegetarians: May eat dairy products or eggs, as well as a little fish and chicken, and generally exclude meat; also called partial vegetarians.
- Vegans: Eat plant-based foods only, excluding all foods of animal origin; also called strict vegetarians.