Foods for Better Eyesight
Eyesight is one of the most important senses if not the most important by far. With our eyes, we see the world around us, so keeping them healthy is extremely important.
Watching TV and staring at digital screens for long time often leads to eye fatigue and poor eyesight, not to mention that growing older is often accompanied with lower visual acuity and other eyesight problems that make visual clarity diminish over time.
Here is a shortlist of the foods that help you maintain strong eyesight:
• Carrot strengthens eyesight as it contains beta-carotene and antioxidants that fight eye diseases such as cataracts.
• Sweet potatoes contain a considerable amount of beta-carotene that helps protect the eyes from diseases.
• Colored sweet pepper contains vitamin C and antioxidants, which help in protecting the eyes.
• Berries, grapes and cranberries provide you with anthocyanin, which is an antioxidant and have anti-inflammatory properties, which help to improve vision.
• Fatty acids, that are available in fish, especially salmon, sardines, mackerel and cod, provide structural support for cell membranes to enhance eye health.
In terms of exercises, here are three useful ones:
1. Look at long range, such as the sky for no less than five minutes a day.
2. Move your eyes in all directions, as it is an exercise that strengthens eye muscles.
3. Exercise looking at scenes with the goal of finding differences or changes. It will help developing eyesight capabilities and improve visual acuity.